OMG… I’m off to the London Fashion Week Festival !
Getting an invitation to the London Fashion Week is like getting an invite for a slumber party at Buckingham Palace, forget it. Even famous bloggers struggle to enter, so imagine for the rest of humanity, a.k.a us. What is however easier to attend, is the London Fashion Week Festival. Tickets for 23rd to 26th February are on sale on http://londonfashionweekend.co.uk/about/schedule/.
The weekend version might be the little sister to the main event, it nevertheless will give you a solid glimpse of what’s hot on the London scene. And what happens if you’re one of the lucky gals with a ticket? After bragging about it at the office, you might want to start worrying about your outfit…
So what if you can’t splash out on the next it-outfit? Don’t worry, The Shopster will help you recycle your closet. How eco-friendly of you…
- Lace and transparencies… are still going strong in 2017. But if you’re not sure about walking around showing your modesty by -15°C, you can wear it over a coloured top or combined with a heavy sporty jacket, another trend that isn’t going anywhere.
- Stripes, flowers & polka dots, alone or combined. There’s at least one of those in your closet. Just make sure your stripes are large and come in a flowy fabric, that your polka wear is asymmetrical & that your flower dress isn’t your granny’s… All to be combined with the oversized sporty jacket, once again.
- But do take out any 80’s garment you secretly kept… They’re back & they are here to stay! Think big, puffy, shiny & offbeat.
- Go with bold colours. Pink - in all shades - & bright yellow do have the upper hand, but if you’re shying away from colour, go for off-white, which might just become the new black (speaking of which, stay away from black, under all circumstances).
- If none of the above The Shopster can help you (of course !) with big jewellery, statement shoes, or at least big colourful sneakers, masculine shoes. And if even that is too much, put some OTT socks on and combine with a flashy bomber.
And our last piece of advise… Even if the event requests some effort & attitude on your end, stay true to yourself, it’s the best way to shine. And do the exact opposite of what the others do: if they pout, smile & if they smile, pout. There is no easier way to stand out!